COTY Professional Beauty Announces New Beauty Envision Awards
TrendVision, one of the most prestigious events in the hairdressing industry, introduces the Beauty Envision Awards. With newly added categories, the Beauty Envision Awards is a competition for salon professionals who are ready to influence the very definition of beauty with the art they create.
“TrendVision is expanding and introduces the Beauty Envision Awards. With this evolution, we continue to reinforce our purpose to celebrate the craft and hero the professionals while expanding to many more categories inclusive of our broader portfolio to allow more professionals to share their creation and be a part of our journey to elevate the industry” says Carole Protat, Senior Creative Director NA.
On July 21st, 2019, finalists will compete to showcase their talents in nine unique categories:
- “TrendVision Color Artist of the Year” sponsored by Wella Professionals: Participants will prove they are masters in color artistry through their choice of color palette and technique. Participants will be judged on their knowledge of how the perfect color placement is crucial in a cohesive total look. (#usWellaColorArtist2019 for US and PR residents or #caWellaColorArtist2019 for Canadian residents)
- “Editorial Hair” sponsored by ghd: Competitors push the boundaries by creating a modern yet wearable hair look. (#ghdeditorial2019)
- “Creative Hair” sponsored by Sebastian Professional: Competitors will showcase exceptional skills in cut, style and texture via progressive styling, revolutionary technique and creative concept. (#SebastianCreates2019).
- “Men’s Hair” sponsored by SebMan: Participants show a clear understanding of men’s grooming. Showcase knowledge of facial structure with balance and shape through hair design. (#SebManHair2019)
- “Total Transformation” sponsored by Kadus Professional: Competitors showcase their skills by taking their client from drab to fab. Stylists must showcase mastery in color, cut and style through a true total transformation. (#KadusTransformation2019)
- “Bridal Hair” sponsored by NIOXIN: Entries must be elegant and beautiful upstyles, and showcase technical hair artistry. Look must be wedding wearable yet innovative and creative. (#NioxinBridal2019)
“Nail Art” sponsored by OPI: Competitors will showcase their nail artistry with flawless application featuring nail art. (#OPINailArt2019)
“FUTURE STAR”: Category is exclusively for cosmetology students to compete by submitting a total look that shows understanding of cutting, styling, texture and color within a contemporary and wearable style. (#ICANStudent2019)
“Salon Team”: Get your salon team together and, through a collection of four models, tell a cohesive story. Judges will be looking for the combined skills and creativity. The winning salon team will receive a VIP invitation to the Beauty Envision Awards event. This category does not compete on stage at the Beauty Envision Awards. (#SALONSQUAD2019)
To enter, entrants simply post a photo of a final look on Instagram with the applicable category hashtag and mention @wellaeducation in the caption. Entrants may enter as many categories as desired, but each entry must be of a different finished look/image.
Entries are open February 1, 2019 – 11:59 pm on May 1, 2019. Semi-finalists will be judged via online voting and a judging panel of top industry professionals. Ten semi-finalists per category will be announced online on May 24, 2019.
The winner of each category will receive:
- $5,000 visa gift card
- $1,000 studio voucher (flights + hotel must be booked on their own)
- 12 month Ongoing Digital education: Business & technical teachings
Additionally, winners of the Wella Color Artist of the Year will qualify to attend the International TrendVision Creative Retreat.
For more information on how to enter, rules and regulations visit: